Food & Beverage Manager, Cork International Hotel
Cork International Hotel
Join us in the Passionate Pursuit of Perfection
Corks number one hotel is looking for a dynamic and innovative individual to join our team.
Excellent package available
Lead the property’s food and beverage/culinary operation, including Restaurants/Bar, Room Service, Conference and Banqueting. Position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of Trigon Hotels brand initiatives. The position ensures the food and beverage/culinary operation meets the hotels target customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Delivers products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of our guests and team members and provides a return on investment.
Education and Experience
Experience in the food and beverage is essential, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Food and Beverage Teams
- Ensures that regular, on-going communication occurs in all areas of food and beverage (e.g., pre-meal briefings, team meetings).
- Works with team to review business in house and potential business in surrounding area and create plans to troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
- Sets expectations and holds food and beverage team accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviours.
- Provides feedback to team members based on observation of service behaviours.
- Utilizes employee feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Communicates critical information gained from pre- and post-event meetings to areas of responsibility.
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Maximizing Food and Beverage Revenue
- Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Food and Beverage is performing against budget.
- Ensures cash and beverage control policies are in enforced in food & beverage areas and followed by all related team members.
- Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Creates an atmosphere in all food and beverage areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Ensures policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures.
- Hires food & beverage team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Ensures new hires participate in the Trigon Hotels and departmental orientation program and receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Opportunity for training and career development with the Trigon Group
- Competitive rate of pay
- Relocation Assistance
- Access to our Company Pension Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Employee referral bonus
- Friends & Family discounts across our restaurants
- Special rates in our hotel accommodation
- Paid internal and external training days
- Access to Trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Team Member Social & Wellbeing Events
- Team Member Annual Awards, Service Recognition, Monthly Team Member of The Month
- Meals on Duty
- Assistance with Leap Cards