Large Diameter Drilling Group, Cork
LDD Ltd, an Acteon company, is a marine and subsea foundation specialist. Using our extensive in-field know-how, we design, engineer, build and operate world class pile-installation and drilling equipment to deliver tubular foundations of any size, in any geology, anywhere.
Core Grouting (the grouting branch of LDD ltd) need to increase the number of offshore Fitters to fulfill current and upcoming projects, and equipment engineering capacity to prepare equipment for projects. This candidate will serve as an offshore fitter, and also work in the workshop as a fitter.
We are looking for people to join us on a permanent or fixed term basis.
This role will be offshore, with periods of onshore work as well. There will be a mixture of hands-on equipment maintenance, repair, and operations both onshore and offshore.
- Grouting equipment includes: Pneumatic or auger cement silos, centrifugal pumps, progressive cavity pumps, pipework, mixing tanks, electrically driven motors, electrical panels, pneumatic actuators, electric-hydraulic motors, grout testing equipment, hoses and connections, diesel generators, diesel compressors
- Setting, adjusting, testing, operating, maintaining & reporting on grouting plant during the offshore phase of projects
- Setting, adjusting, testing, operating, maintaining & reporting on grouting plant in the yard and workshop
- Disassembly/assembly & cleaning of large rotational mechanical components and equipment
- Use workshop machines such as presses, grinders, drills, chain hoists, etc
- Use of working at height equipment such as harnesses, fall arrestors and work restraints
- Inputting to and working to equipment manuals, installation procedures & method statements, and ensuring scope of work requirements are satisfied
- Operation of grout mixers, cement silos and pumps on offshore projects
- Liaising respectfully with project supervisor, project engineer and client representatives on offshore projects
- Liaising respectfully with the managers, equipment engineer, yard supervisor and subcontractors in the workshop
- Ensuring compliance with company and client QHSE system and safe systems of work
- Undergo safety training and medicals at regular intervals as organised by the company
- OGUK Medical, BOSIET and Working at Height preferred as minimum
- Experience working offshore, preferred
- We are interested in hearing from candidates from a range of fitter backgrounds with skills transferrable to Grouting
Job Type:Offshore Roles & Technicians