PJ Hegarty & Sons, Cork
Established in 1925, P.J. Hegarty & Sons is one of Ireland’s most progressive building and civil engineering companies. We undertake projects throughout Ireland and the UK from offices in Dublin, Cork, Limerick and London and are a leading company in major infrastructure, commercial and industrial facilities.
As a family owned company from its inception, we, like you, have a long proud tradition of working within our respective industries for the benefit of our customers, our people and the community.
We are currently seeking an experienced Supervisor in the Munster Area who has worked extensively in construction. You will be overseeing and ensuring high level quality work and ensuring it complies with the regulations and the general and specific specifications of the project. You will also be working closely with the site personnel to deliver the project to the highest possible standard.
Reporting to the Site Agent, the Foreman will be responsible for overseeing all general work activities onsite, the successful Foreman will work closely with the site personnel to deliver projects to the highest possible standard.
- Work closely with Health and Safety to ensure a safe, compliant site.
- Plan coordinate and report on all subcontractor’s performance.
- Monitor the agreed project schedule and provide updates
- Give clear direction and motivate colleagues.
Skills / Experience required for the role:
- Extensive background working in similar roles.
- Experience with managing teams and large volumes of contractors.
- Must be capable of meeting tight time frames and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Diversity and Inclusion:
The Company is an Equal Opportunities employer and recognises its responsibility to provide equality of opportunity to employees and prospective employees.
Our Aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of religious belief, political opinion, gender, marital status, civil status, sexual orientation, disability, race, age and membership of the Traveller community.
The Company will not accept or tolerate any form of discrimination, direct or indirect, by any member of the Company. The Company is committed to the fair treatment of employees at all times.