Field Sales Representative, Global Food & Beverage Specialists, Cork
Global Food & Beverage Specialists, Cork
We have an excellent opportunity for a Field Sales Representative to join our small & growing team.
The successful candidate will represent our brands such as Miller & Bloom, Finn McCool, Clares Shortbread, Bakery Best and many more, visit our website www.gfbs.ie to view the products that we supply to the Retail & Foodservice trades for more details.
The successful candidate will be a key member of our company & will be working very closely within the Team
As a Field Sales Representative within the Team, you are responsible for managing the company’s interests with customers at store level, while also supporting the Sales Manager in growing the business.
The role involves making weekly and fortnightly visits to our existing retail, independent and foodservice customers as well as developing new opportunities with the trades . You will report to our Sales Manager and will be tasked to achieve sales, margin, and retailer category growth targets through optimization of current listings and improving existing shelf space.
The head office is in Cork but the role will involve visiting our customers within the Munster area depending on the routes supplied.
- Responsible for managing company interests with customers at store level.
- Weekly and Fortnightly scheduled store visits to key retail, independent and foodservice customers.
- Increase market share by maximizing the presence of the product range in retail stores.
- Implementation of brand activation plans and customer planograms at store level.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with customers at store level and feedback the information to the Sales Manager.
- Promote brand awareness, positive product impressions and increase sales through product demonstration and consumer engagement.
- Compiling and reporting SKU facing data per store per visit.
- Compiling information on competitors and other market data as and when required.
- Occasional preparation of customer samples and organization of delivery to the customer.
- Attend Trade Shows on the company’s behalf.
- Liaise with the Sales Manager weekly regarding customer specific promotions and new listings.
- Develop a relationship with each relevant member of the team in the customer stores you visit.
- Actively engage with the Sales Manager with ideas for continuous improvement of the department.
Key Skills and Experience:
- 2 + years’ experience working with FMCG, ideally within the food sector.
- Experience with symbol groups & the central billing system
- Excellent communicator.
- Excellent people skills.
- Efficient planning, time management and organization skills.
- Must have a full clean driver’s license.
- Passion for food and sales with proven negotiation skills.
- Timely and accurate reporting, showing initiative and ability to identify selling opportunities.
- A confident self-starter who can work on own initiative.
- Able to work independently.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €35,000.00-€50,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- English not required
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Performance bonus
- sales: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location