Finning (Ireland) Ltd, Cork
Finning (Ireland) Ltd
We are looking for a dedicated Field Engineer to respond to customer’s field repair and service requests. This will involve diagnosing and providing comprehensive detail about the nature of the problem to the customer and Finning, to construct a quote as requested by the customer within a cost and time effective manner.
- Provide an estimate of arrival time at customer’s site in response to service request based on the job instructions from Branch giving details of customer location, machine, contact name and nature of problem and current work situation.
- Contact customer’s site management in order to register arrival and presence on site and ensure knowledge of customer procedures so as to adhere to site requirements.
- Diagnose the likely cause of reported equipment problems, in discussion with customer operators/supervisors and using specialised equipment, in order to provide the customer with an information for the work required. Provide a comprehensive detail to allow Finning to construct a quote as requested by the customer.
- Identify the parts required to carry out the repair and requisition any parts and determine expected time of delivery so that a date and time of any necessary service re-visit can be agreed with customer.
- Undertake repair and service work on the machine to the agreed work plan, removing and dispatching components for specialist attention and re-installing the original or replacement, to bring the machine up to the required standards.
- Work autonomously on own initiative and also well as part of a team
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships across all levels of the business
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to work in high-pressured situations and to tight deadlines
- Effective problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Motivated and Dynamic Self-starter
- Knowledge in the use of field-based diagnosis tools and equipment essential
- Heavy Earth Moving equipment operating knowledge
- Formally apprenticed trained (NVQ Level 3) and served as a workshop engineer for a significant period or development opportunity for a qualified apprentice
- Experience of a variety of construction and static machines essential