Experienced Cook for Nursing Home, Haven Bay Care Centre, Cork
Haven Bay Care Centre, Cork
Haven Bay Care Centre is an award winning nursing home/care centre providing residential care to older persons in the beautiful town of Kinsale in co. Cork. Haven Bay aims to promote quality of life and independence through professional and friendly services. Our objectives are to provide the highest standard of care whilst continually aiming to develop through innovation, training and commitment. Join our team!
Benefits of working with us:
- full time or part time contract
- opportunities for overtime and extra shifts
- enhanced bank holiday rates
- wellbeing programme in place
- staff engagement programmes
- multicultural and diverse team with more than 8 nationalities
- meals at a discounted rate
- on site parking
- subsidised gym membership
- bike to work scheme
- education reimbursement
- Refer a Friend bonus
- induction training programme
- additional trainings and courses for the staff
- Manual Handling, Fire Training, Dementia Training, Responsive Behaviour training on site (and many more)
- open door policy in place providing support and assistance to all our staff members at any time
- career progression opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals for Haven Bay residents
- Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary
- Ensure all catering employees are aware of and practice Haven Bay Policies
- Efficiently and effectively control the operation of the catering department
- Assist Head Chef with regular internal audits of the kitchen as appropriate
- Control the quality of food produced, portions served, plating and waste.
- Liaise with management and nursing/care staff over special requirements of all residents when required.
- Seek feedback from Residents regarding menu choice and quality of food
- Keep up to date with developments in catering including menu development and cooking techniques.
- Assist in the planning of special events e.g. annual Christmas parties, etc.
- Train and monitor staff in the preparation and presentation of menu dishes and in all aspects of their role in the kitchen at Haven Bay
A protective mask is mandatory for all our staff members and visitors
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- Gym membership
- Relocation assistance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Yearly bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kinsale, Kinsale, CO. Cork P17A580: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- cooking: 1 year (preferred)