We are currently recruiting for a Full-time Early Years Assistant
Who are we?
We are a community based non-profit organisation who are passionate about enhancing the lives of local children and families through education and support. Togher Family Centre has been serving the Togher community for almost 50 years. We offer a wide range of services including Early Years Education, Youth Services, Counselling, Child Contact and Family Support.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who is committed in helping us deliver exceptional Early Years and Youth services . We want you to share in our mission. We want to “Empower, Deliver, Provide and Promote” children and families in the local community. You will need to be dedicated, flexible, energetic, creative and a team player.
What would the job involve?
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Early Years Assistant
Full time positions is 32.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate: €13.00 Per Hour
You will be working with children ranging from 1 to 5 years
You will need a minimum QQI Level 5 in Childcare
You will need at least 6 months experience working in an Early Years setting
This is a fixed term contract
Please see attached job description for further details
What’s in it for you?
We want to reward you for being a part of our team. To enhance your future with TFC and make it brighter we offer:
30 days annual leave ( pro-rata for part-time)
3 weeks paid sick pay (pro-rata for part-time)
A time off in Lieu (toil) system which allows you to build up additional hours which can be taken as time off
Continuous professional development using both internal and external resources
Access to LINC courses
Discretionary bonus scheme
Employee referral scheme
Annual team building experience and team outings
Closing Date: 18/10/2023
Selection dates: 19/10/2023
Interview dates: 20/10/2023
Start Date: TBD
Early Years Assistant
The role of the Early Years Assistant is to work directly with the children and in
addition, to play an active part in the planning, execution and continuous improvement of the
early years programme at Togher Family Centre.
The applicant for this position must hold a minimum FETAC level 5 in Early Years. If you are unsure of your qualification for this scheme please contact Cork City Childcare or your local childcare company to clarify.
The applicant must have a minimum of 6 months working experience in an Early Years setting.
Support for Children
· To meet the needs of each individual child through the provision and development of Quality Early Years programme in partnership with parent and guardians
· To ensure the on-going development and delivery of a quality programme in line with best practice and in keeping with the ethos and philosophy of the family centre
· To respect and treat as confidential any personal information regarding the children and their families within the parameters covered by the childcare legislation and in keeping with the centres code of practice in relation to confidentially
Support for Parents
· To respect and value cultural and family diversity
· The on-going provision of a warm, welcoming and friendly environment
· To actively promote a ‘partnership with parents’ approach
· To liaise with parents and guardians regarding their child’s developmental needs
Programme maintenance and development
· To ensure that the Early Years curriculum provides each child with the opportunity to experience creative imaginative manipulative social and physical play and that they are given the opportunity to play with natural materials
· To assist in planning preparation and evaluation of the Early Years programme
· To promote and expand the centres healthy eating programme throughout the Early Years curriculum
· To ensure that all equipment and resource materials are maintained to the highest standards if hygiene and safety
· To ensure that Health and safety procedures are in place at all times for children and co- worker
· To ensure that the records and individual plans for each child’s progression and development are maintained in line with current legislation, best practice and tin partnership with parents
· Maintain control of fees in collaboration with the administration team
· To maintain appropriate records in relation to health and safety in accordance with childcare regulation and to ensure ease of access to records by the authorised persons
· To work as part of a team and attend core team meetings
Training and development
· To actively participate in the daily end of session review
· To attend regular supervisory sessions
· To participate in ingoing training workshops seminars
· To keep abreast of current development in the area of Early Years care, development and education
· To actively participate in relevant childcare network
To undertake any other duties relevant to the post which is requested by the Early Years Supervisor or the Centre Manager
Hey! We have noticed that you are using AdBlock.
If you like our content and want to support us, in order to produce more great stuffs in the future, you can start by disabling AdBlock.
We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising.
This way, we will be able to financially support our business.
Thanks a million!