Day Service Care Assistant, 31.2 hours per week over 5 weekdays, Permanent Contract
L’Arche Cork is recruiting for the position of Day Service Care Assistant, to enhance the work of the team in meeting the needs of adults with intellectual disability (ID). A vital component of the role is to offer individualised care and support, ensuring activities are available to people in accordance with their expressed preferences, individual capabilities, and also their specific needs, aligning with New Directions standards for person-centred practice. The position calls for administration of medication and personal care and is, thus, needs-led, requiring enthusiasm and initiative, together with the ability to foster positive relationships.
Expectations of the role of the Day Service Care Assistant:
- To be responsive to both service needs and individual needs, (including personal care needs), and to work as directed within the day service team
- To build trusting, Person-Centred, relationships with the people you support
- To encourage and support adults with ID to participate in activities of interest both within and outside of the L’Arche community, promoting independence and positive risk-taking
- To communicate regularly with the day service team to ensure effective sharing of information, safeguarding, planning and risk assessment
Requirements for the role:
- A minimum QQI Level 5 qualification in social care or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2-years’ relevant experience in a care or disability environment
- To work on own initiative and as part of a team, to be solution-focused and needs-led, with the ability to contingency-plan
- Ability to manage behaviours that may challenge
- Commitment to best practice, legislation, and to L’Arche policy, especially regarding safeguarding, upholding confidentiality, and accountability
- A working knowledge of New Directions Standards for Adults with Disabilities and the National Framework for Person Centred Planning in Services for Persons with a Disability
- Full clean driving licence
- The post is subject to Garda vetting
Salary scale: HSE Health Care Assistant 25,529-38,844 Euros per annum, pro rata.
Please refer to Job Description (attached below) for further details. Queries should be directed to the Day Service Co-Ordinator, Meadhbh Furlong, on 021-431-8880. If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies, and experience for this role, please submit your letter of application and C.V. via Rezoomo.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 11thOctober 2023 at 5pm.