MEDIGROUP, CATHEDRAL ROAD, CORK CITY
Medigroup surgery was established in 1961 and consists of two separate practices: Monahan & Monahan Practice and Coffey-O’Sullivan Practice. As a dedicated family practice in the heart of the community, our mission is to provide quality, patient-centred care for all.
Job Title: Community Link Worker
Part-time: 24 hours per week
Salary: €39,520 – €41,600 F.T.E.
Location: On site, Medigroup Surgery
Reporting to: Doctors & Practice Managers
Community Link Work Role:
The community link worker will connect with patients who have been referred within the practice for social prescribing and use a multidisciplinary approach to support access to vital community and social services. They will actively engage with the patient to identify their needs and provide a structured care plan that will focus on personal development, health and wellbeing. (See detailed description below).
· Engage with individuals to understand their needs, preferences and goals and collaboratively develop personalized plans for social prescribing.
· Offer non-judgmental and supportive assistance, respecting diversity and lifestyle choices while adopting a strengths-based approach.
· Schedule and manage appointments with individuals, ensuring timely follow-ups, and act as the primary point of contact throughout their social prescription journey.
· Facilitate access to community groups, support services, mental health resources and lifestyle changes to help individuals make positive changes and achieve their goals.
· Provide guidance and information on social welfare support and assist individuals in completing medical card, illness benefit and disability allowance forms.
· Offer information and support to patients about applying for social housing, maintaining regular contact with Cork City Council’s housing allocations team, housing officers and emergency accommodation team.
· Hold regular monthly meetings with the medical team at the practice to discuss patients’ progress and identify further support requirements.
Knowledge and experience:
· A third-level qualification in a Social, Community or Health related field.
· Experience in supporting diverse communities to improve health and wellbeing.
· Familiarity with health promotion and addressing social determinants of health.
· Proficient in IT for record-keeping and reporting.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in community development, healthcare, or a related field.
· Previous experience providing one-on-one support to individuals or groups.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
· Ability to build collaborative working relationships with medical professionals and community organisations.
· Strong listening and empathic skills to provide person-centred support to patients.
· Ability to inspire trust and confidence in patients, motivating them to take charge of their wellbeing.
· Excellent organisational and time management skills to meet deadlines and manage multiple appointments effectively.
· Effective communication with medical professionals and other stakeholders.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team within a medical practice environment.
· Flexibility and adaptability to respond to the changing needs of patients.
Evaluating information, problem solving, and decision-making skills:
· Analytical abilities to assess patient’s needs and recommend appropriate support services.
· Recognition and response to potential risks or challenges in supporting patients.
· Knowing when to refer patients to other healthcare professionals for specialised care.
· Attributes and Commitment to Quality Service:
· Empathic and non-judgmental approach to working with patients.
· Dedication to maintaining high standards of professionalism and providing a quality service.
· Willingness to continuously improve knowledge and skills relevant to the role.
· Adherence to policies and procedures, including safeguarding and confidentiality.
· Garda Vetting.
· Familiarity with the Cork City area (desirable).
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: €19.00-€20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cork City, CO. Cork: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 30/11/2023
Reference ID: LINKWORKER2023