Catering/Restaurant Assistant, Kilkenny Group, Cork
Kilkenny Group, Cork
Role: Catering/Restaurant Assistant
Location: Shanagarry, Co. Cork
Benefits: Employee Discount, Training and Development, Food & Coffee covered.
Kilkenny Design is a dynamic and progressive Irish family-owned omnichannel retailer and hospitality business and are seeking passionate and people focused individual to join our team based in Shanagarry, Co. Cork. We are currently looking for a fully flexible catering/restaurant assistant, working 5 over 7 days Monday to Sunday.
Full training and an induction programme will be provided. Experience in a similar role is an advantage.
About our Culture:
At Kilkenny we hire the great people to ensure that the best possible CX experience is created for our customers and colleagues each day. Our values and behaviours inform what we do and shape our decision making.
At Kilkenny we strive to be open and honest by building a culture of trust and transparency. We treat customers and colleagues like individuals so to understand their needs, but always doing so with clarity and kindness. We take accountability and plan for succuss and when things go wrong, we put things right and learn from them. But most of all we thrive to work hard but have fun along the way.
- General kitchen and restaurant duties.
- Assist the chef in preparation of food.
- Follow the kitchen cleaning schedule.
- Ensure tables are correctly set up for the day.
- Keep tables and floors clean throughout the day.
- To be courteous, friendly and helpful to our customers at all times which reflects in the highest standards expected in our restaurant.
- Respond to customers’ requests for cutlery, coffee water etc. in a positive and friendly manner.
- Uniform must be neat and clean and name badge must be worn at all times.
- Deal with hazards promptly such as spillages and breakages.
· Comply with current up to date health, safety, hygiene, fire HACCP and security regulations of the company.
Character and personal qualities
· Flexible and adaptable to working practices and restaurant demands.
· Makes a positive contribution to the team to achieve a common goal.
· Genuine person who is sincere, honest, truthful, and open.
· Energetic person who is bubbly, enthusiastic, passionate, and vibrant.
· Expresses a genuine smile that is obliging and approachable.
· Ability to converse and engage with customers in a natural, warm, and polite manner.
· Uses their own initiative by taking the lead, assessing tasks at hand and being independent.
· Modelling a positive attitude to their work.
· Acknowledging, respecting, and building rapport with other team members.
· Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
As part of the interview process, you may be asked to partake in a skills demonstration. The date and location will be agreed upon after a successful face to face interview.
Please note due to the large number of applicants for this role we will only be able to contact the successful candidates.Thank you.
Kilkenny is a progressive employer with a Values based culture and a strong emphasis on people development.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Must be available week days and weekends.
- HACCP: 1 year (preferred)
- Hospitality: 1 year (preferred)
- Food preparation: 1 year (preferred)