Pernod Ricard, Cork
At Irish Distillers, we live and love whiskey. But in our world, it’s the people who come first and it’s why we think of ourselves as a family. We are passionate about what we do. We have kept our tradition alive because we believe that Ireland produces the best whiskey in the world. There are over 600 hundred of us, all working together to share our passion and products with whiskey lovers the world over. Led by Jameson, the world’s best-known Irish whiskey, we export to over 130 markets and hit sales of 8 million cases in 2020.
We are now looking for a Caretaker to join our team in Midleton, co. Cork.
On a daily basis, our caretakers ensure that the Jameson Distillery Midleton Campus is open, presentable, protected and maintained in first-class condition, for the benefit of visitors, Irish Distillers brands and its staff.
This is a fixed term contract, working over 7 days (incl. weekends) 3 days one week and 4 the next (ongoing rotational basis).
- Ensure the Campus is open, warm, lit and ready for business daily. Ensure all systems are turned (on/off) and operating properly: heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Manage the intake & storing of deliveries.
- Ensure stores are kept in a clean & tidy manner.
- Ensure the WC facilities are clean and presentable.
- Ensure the security of the campus and its assets is always maintained.
- Report defects in workplace equipment and property.
- As and when necessary, liaise with contractors (Maintenance, Electricians, Plumbers etc.)
- Manage waste disposal in an environmentally friendly fashion. Maintain the recycling area.
- Build a strong working relationship with campus colleagues including: Distillery, Archive, Academy, Cooperage, Micro Distillery and Tourist Office.
- Provide support on site projects.
- Conduct daily departmental tasks:
- Work closely with the Retail team to ensure the shop & fulfilment locations are stocked, tidy and organised.
- Assist with BYO cask movements.
- Assist the F&B team with events and daily bar/restaurant operations.
- Be available to support in all areas as necessary.
Who we are looking for:
As a member of the Jameson Distillery Midleton, you will become an active member of the Brand Home team and share the responsibilities of operating a first-class Brand Home, on a seven-day basis, in pursuance of the Brand Home vision to ‘create advocates’ for Irish Distillers whiskey brands.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A team player – must work effectively as part of a team, with a positive attitude
- A dedicated, reliable, punctual and trustworthy individual
- A self-motivated person able to lead successful projects to completion, on time and within budget
- Hard working & highly organised
- An excellent communicator at all levels
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Leaving Certificate or Equivalent
- Manual Handling
- Forklift licence (not essential)
- A trade is desirable not essential
Life at Irish Distillers
At Irish Distillers, we live and love whiskey. Our shared spirit is guided by our values. Because special things happen when Real, Remarkable and Responsible people come together. We’re proud to be part of the Irish Distillers and Pernod Ricard family, and the magic moments we create through our brands.
Our culture is a blend of curiosity and craic, where everyone can be author of their own verse. Our enthusiasm for what we do is infectious. The spirit we share gives us purpose and makes life at Irish Distillers special. And what’s life without a little spirit?
What we offer
We understand our people are our special ingredient. We treat our employees with respect and offer an environment that is engaging, supportive and collaborative. We understand that employees require different supports at different stages of their working lives and our benefits, perks and programmes look to support your employee journey. We want to make you feel recognised and valued for your contribution to our shared success. Some of offerings include;
Profit share: an annual profit share scheme to reward your contribution to the company’s success.
Allowance: an annual allowance to spend on our portfolio of products and merchandise, for you to enjoy responsibly.
People Development: We enable continuous development for our people at every stage of their careers through our people development, online learning, and leadership training programmes.
Family leave: fully paid maternity, parent and paternity leave, allowing you spend precious time with your new family member
Parental Support: Our ‘Reconnect’ programme includes access to a workplace parenting coach, a phased return to work and a supportive environment for new parents
Health & Wellbeing; Our Wellbeing Programme “THRIVE” supports employees across the three main pillars: Life, Body and Mind
Charity Days: up to 2 days paid leave every year to volunteer at a charity of their choice
Job Posting End Date: