Cope Foundation, Cork
Cork City & County
Full Time & Part Time positions available
Cope Foundation is looking to recruit Full Time & Part Time Care Assistants to support people with an intellectual disability and/or autism to flourish and lead a life of their choosing. The successful applicants may be required to work in existing Cope Foundation residential or day service/hub locations, as part of a team or in new community-based settings.
The positions require a high degree of flexibility and motivation.
The team members will work closely with individuals’ circles of support and their local community in order to develop and progress opportunities for them. A commitment to a person centred, citizen based, and social model of support is required.
- A relevant qualification (minimum QQI level 5 major award in the area of Care/Intellectual Disability) is desirable.
- Experience of supporting people with intellectual disability and/or autism
- Excellent team working skills
- Initiative, flexibility, and enthusiasm
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A track record of thinking creatively, being person centred and adaptable.
- Computer literate.
- A full clean driving license is desirable.
What we offer
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Salary in line with the HSE consolidated pay scales
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- An opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives
Completed applications must be returned no later than Friday 17th November 2023. Applicants may be short listed on the basis of their application. The Department of Health & Children Consolidated Scales apply.
Visit our website at www.cope-foundation.ie