CAFE VELO, Cork
Cafe velo is hiring now full time and part time barista.
What are the main duties of a Barista?
A Barista takes on a range of roles including:
- Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks such as coffee, tea, artisan and speciality beverages.
- Cleaning and sanitising work areas, utensils and equipment
- Cleaning service and seating areas
- Describing menu items and suggesting products to customers
- Servicing customers and taking orders
- Ordering, receiving and distributing stock supplies
- Receiving and processing customer payments
To land a job as a Barista you will need to show some previous experience in a retail or hospitality role such as waiter/waitressing, front of house, coffee shop or café experience.
- Alongside some of these more general skill, good Baristas should possess:
- Great communication skills
- A happy, friendly personality
- Customer service skills and knowledge
- High level of attention-to-detail
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Enthusiasm to develop your skills and knowledge
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas and processes
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work
- Positive and approachable manner
- Team player qualities.
- apply with cv.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: €10.50-€12.50 per hour
- Food allowance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cork, Cork, CO. Cork T12: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Barista: 2 years (preferred)
- Food safety regulations: 1 year (preferred)
- Cafe environment: 1 year (preferred)
- Day shift (preferred)