Why Statkraft?Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy from hydro, wind and solar power. We have 5,700 employees in 21 countries. We have been making clean energy possible for over 125 years, with unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy.Because in the fight against climate change, we do not see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution.
With us, you will shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
We have a strong and growing portfolio of projects in Ireland (together with our partners Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners), and are determined to play a major role in the growth of offshore wind in Norway, initially through the bidding process in Sørlige Nordsjø II (together with Aker and BP) and Utsira Nord (together with Aker and Ocean Winds). The increased ambition by Norwegian Government to develop in total 30 GW offshore wind in Norway by 2040 represents a large opportunity for Statkraft. We will also pursue an industrial role in Ireland and explore opportunities in other markets.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
The Responsibilities for the Cable Engineer – Offshore Wind include, but are not limited to:
- Cable and cable accessories design, optimization, and specifications, in all phases of projects
- Cable installation, design, optimization and specification, in all phases of projects
- Setting specifications and follow-up in tender processes
- Updates on and compliance with relevant codes and standards
- Follow-up on quality aspects
- Cooperation with all relevant engineering disciplines (e.g., electrical, turbine, foundation, geophysical, geotechnical, O&M, value engineering) in the design optimisation
- Manage feasibility studies, engineering, optimisation, specification, sourcing, fabrications, transport, and installation
- Dependent of experience and team build-up; Manage engineering capabilities (in-house and hired) and the training of new resources
- Continuous improvements of offshore wind project execution model and relevant tools
- Higher education within relevant area, Master’s degree or higher
- Relevant experience within offshore cable space, preferable from the offshore wind industry
- Familiar with relevant industry standards and tools
- Experience with certifying authorities
- Working experience from cross functional teams and multi-company projects
- Relationship builder with the ability to collaborate constructively with business and functional leaders
- High personal integrity and high ethical standards
- Strong HSS understanding and commitment
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities, and the future. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Annual leave linked to tenure up to a maximum of 25 days
- Flexible and Hybrid working.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility, and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including LinkedIn Learning and inspiring leaderships programs
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes
- Hybrid working arrangements
Statkraft Ireland is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We value diversity. Our people have different strengths, experiences and backgrounds yet share a passion for a future of clean energy.
Our culture is inclusive and down-to-earth – we encourage new ideas and value belonging. We received recognition as one of Ireland’s Best Workplaces in 2023 and want to continue on this journey, through continuous improvement in our culture and our work.
Statkraft Ireland strives to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. If you have a desire to contribute to a renewable future but your experience is not perfectly aligned, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just right for this role or other roles.