Bartender, Blue Haven Collection, Cork
Blue Haven Collection, Cork
We are looking for a professional, high-energy Bartender to join our team in Hamlets Street Food and Gastro Garden, based in the heart of Kinsale, with a fresh, vibrant and exciting venue with excellent communication skills to serve classical cocktails and pints to our customers. The bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages and food. You will also upsell items, create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties. To succeed as a bar staff, you should have a neat appearance and an engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
Food and Beverage Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Planning drink menus and informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
Food and Beverage Supervisor Requirements:
- Additional education, training, certificates, or experience may be required.
- Meets state minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Staff Discount
- Meals & barista coffee provided on Duty
- Flexible shifts
- Bike to work scheme
- TaxSaver Scheme
- Career progression and ongoing training