Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, Oriel House Hotel, Cork
Oriel House Hotel, Cork
Oriel House Hotel, part of the Talbot Collection, are currently recruiting for a Assistant Food & Beverage Manager to join and help lead our dynamic team.
The newly appointed Assistant Food & Beverage Manager will deputise for the Food & Beverage Manager in their absence to strive to ensure that we consistently exceed the expectations of all guests, in a pleasant and efficient manner.The successful candidate will have experience in both food and beverage service management and will primarily focus on the Bar and Bistro and Restaurant Outlets.They will be required to work five shifts per week which will include evenings and weekends.
- To offer the highest level of guest service in the Bar and Bistro and Restaurant, ensuring that the Talbot Collection standards are delivered at all times;
- Dealing with situations and customer queries as they arise
- Check and ensure adequate food, beverage and wine stock levels on a regular basis
- Greeting and seating of customers.
- To liaise with Chefs in relation to menus.
- To ensure all staff have sufficient knowledge of menus, beverages, and service standards and to identify any training needs in relation to these areas.
- To assist with rostering staff accurately and effectively according to business requirements and to monitor these business levels daily.
- Ensure all orders are taken accurately and serviced efficiently.
- To ensure a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas of the restaurant, bar/bistro and banqueting and other related areas.
- To ensure the correct set up/mis en place in the restaurant, bar/bistro and banqueting prior to service and to ensure the right atmosphere is created.
- To follow rigidly all HR policies and procedures.
- To control and monitor all staff on duty ensuring all duties are being fully carried out in accordance with Company Procedures.
- To ensure a high standard of service and attention to detail within the hotel/your department.
- To maximise staff productivity and encourage staff motivation by helping to create a positive working environment.
- To control and monitor staff whilst on duty, ensuring all duties are being carried out thoroughly, competently and to the correct standard;
The successful candidate will:
- Have Food & Beverage Management experience in a hotel:
- Have excellent ‘attention to detail’ and be standards focused:
- Have experience in managing a team to achieve goals;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to create a personable, professional and respectful relationship with both the team and our guests;
- Have a professional appearance;
- Demonstrate a positive and proactive attitude to work;
- Be available to work full time in Ireland without restrictions
- Complimentary Gym & Pool Membership
- Discounted Accommodation Rates
- Free Parking
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Christmas Savings Scheme
Oriel House Hotel, part of the Talbot Collection is an equal opportunities employer.