Rockwell Engineering, Cork
Are you looking to kickstart your career with a growing and dynamic engineering company?
Rockwell are hiring Apprentice Sheet Metal Workers to join our team in Cork.
About the Role
Reporting to the Workshop Lead, you will work on, and contribute to our key projects.
As an Apprentice Sheet Metal Worker, you will have the opportunity to work with thin metal sheets, which you will gain experience in correctly bending, cutting, and shaping using hammers, small presses, roller machines and guillotines.
- Work with sheet steel, galvanised steel, stainless steel and aluminium.
- Learn and become proficient in the cutting of these metals by using patterns or templates as guides, as well as shaping the metal by forming, bending, beating or rolling by means of manual and CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machinery.
The ideal candidate will be hard-working, organised and efficient, pay strong attention to detail, be a good communicator and be keen to learn.
- Hold a valid Safe Pass (essential)
- Hold a valid Manual Handling Certification (desirable)
- Be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) pertaining to this role, including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
Why join Rockwell
- Professional development opportunities.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension support.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Wellbeing programme.
- Competitive salary.
- Hands-on training and development.
- No weekend work.