As a result of the ongoing development at the ISPCA , we are recruiting for a part-time Animal Care Assistant at our Mallow Equine Rescue Centre, Dromsligo, Mallow, Co. Cork, P51 YF98
ISPCA Animal Care Assistant
· Excellent knowledge and experience handling canines, felines and equines plus good knowledge of stable management is required.
· Experience caring for and rehabilitating sick, injured and traumatised animals.
· Good basic level of education, ideally a third level qualification in an equine related discipline.
· Must be proactive, flexible and willing to work as part of a team based on a seven day rostered system.
· Excellent communication, organisational, and computer skills necessary.
· Good customer service skills and experience working with members of the public required.
· Experience operating a tractor/quad for on-going land and grass management.
· Full clean driving licence to drive a manual vehicle is required plus a licence to tow a horsebox.
· Applicants should have a keen interest and experience working within an animal welfare environment.
Candidates should apply by emailing a current CV along with a covering letter to [email protected]. Please quote reference number ACAMAL1023 in the email body on your application. A job description is available for download at http://www.ispca.ie/ispca_careers.
The closing date for applications is 9am Friday 27th October 2023
The ISPCA is a Registered Charity Number 20008723; CHY5619
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: €11.55 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Co. Cork P51 YF98: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 15/10/2023
Reference ID: Job Reference ID: ACAMAL1023