Carechoice is one of Ireland’s leading residential homes for the older person. We provide dedicated care, and a safe and welcoming home for all our Residents. Our ethos is to create a home from home for our clients, where they can live life to the full with support and respect, whilst enjoying building relationships with all our staff.
We require an experienced Activities Leader on a full time basis in our home in Macroom, Co. Cork. This role requires someone with previous experience working in a nursing home within an actitvies team. We provide the highest standards of home care possible and are looking for someone who can contribute to our luxurious, high end service, delivering the best quality of activities for our residents to enjoy and feel comfortable in our home.
Reporting to our Clinical Nurse Manager
Plan and deliver activities to suit the needs of the resident.
- Supporting the nursing staff in providing high quality holistic care
- Ensuring the activity calendar is planned in advance
- Execution of the activity plan in an efficient manner
- Providing a broad range of activities to cater for all needs including both group and individual activities.
- To take a collaborative approach to activity planning; listening to residents, staff and family.
- Reporting any changes in resident’s condition to the trained nurse.
- When escorting or transferring residents to aid their participation in activities employ manual handling best practice and take direction from the Nursing staff
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Communication and Relationships with all members of staff, Manager, Residents and Families.
What we offer :
- Comprehensive induction training
- Free Garda Vetting
- A rewarding working environment, with support from supervisors and managers
- Competitive rates of pay
- Subsidised meals
- Training & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers advice and counselling services, for carers and their immediate families
- Free parking
All employees are expected to honour the privacy of the resident. Respect for the individuality, dignity, autonomy and empowerment of the resident must underpin all activities and interactions undertaken during the course of their duties
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €12.31-€13.31 per hour
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Macroom, Cork, CO. Cork: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Events management: 1 year (preferred)
Expected start date: 05/12/2022