23-040 Full-Time Pool Assistant Dunmanway Swimming, Local Government Jobs Ireland, Cork, €644 a week
Local Government Jobs Ireland, Cork
Culture and Recreation
Full-Time Pool Assistant Dunmanway Swimming Pool
€616.67 – €643.76
Temporary and Permanent Full-Time
The Dunmanway Swimming and Leisure Complex includes a 25-metre swimming pool, toddler’s pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna and steam room, disabled changing facilities and gymnasium.
The Pool Assistant will report to the Manager or their deputy and will assist, supervise and control, where necessary users of the facility. The Pool Assistant will ensure that all activity areas are ready for use as required both in terms of cleanliness and equipment that is required. The Pool Assistant will teach and coach as required and ensure that the customer care policy of the facility is always maintained to the highest standards. On taking up duty, the successful applicant(s) may have an opportunity to train as a Swimming Teacher if required.
The duties may include but are not limited to the following and the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Duties will include:
1. Supervision of activities in all areas of the facility.
2. Setting up, changing and storing equipment, furniture and any apparatus as required by the Programme of the complex.
3. Assist and instruct individuals and/or groups in swimming tuition.
4. Promotion of the facility.
5. Supervise and control entrance areas, the foyer, pool hall, and other areas and generally assist the Manager and Supervisors in furthering the successful operation of the facility.
6. To effect minor repairs to equipment and to maintain all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
7. Administer First Aid where appropriate.
8. To receive supplies and equipment, recording and storage of same.
9. Lifeguarding of all swimmers.
10. Cleaning of pool surrounds, decks, changing rooms, showers, toilets and other areas.
11. Supervision of changing rooms.
12. General cleaning and labouring duties in the complex.
13. Reception duties as instructed by the Manager.
14. Responsibility for the carrying and handling of monies.
15. Water testing and recording of results.
16. Report writing for accidents and incidents, etc.
17. Any other duties, which from time to time, may be allocated by the Manager.
18. Enforcing the rules and regulations of the facility and monitoring the behaviour of all patrons.
19. The Pool Assistant will be required to update his/her Life Saving, Swimming Teaching and First Aid qualifications at the prescribed intervals.
Further information is available in the Candidate Information Booklet available on our website
Human Resource Management Directorate
Cork County Council
County Library Building, Carrigrohane Rd, Cork